The gearbox is one of the most critical components of a powertrain system. Any breakdown may lead to serious damage and unplanned downtime. However, due to the closed design of the gearbox, condition monitoring methods are often difficult to implement. Hence, other measures such as inspection, endoscopy etc. are often necessary to recognise wear in time; so that preventative actions can be implemented. Off-Highway Powertrain Services (OHP Services) Gearbox Inspection Service provides a comprehensive check of the condition of your gearbox.
OHP Services service experts, working with comprehensive procedures and checklists, ensure that all critical details are covered. The service experts have decades of experience working on industrial gearboxes across different industries including chemical, paper, marine and steel. Results of the inspection are reported in an easy to understand format with detail explanations. Follow-up actions can then be planned.
- Using state of the art technology, inspection is carried out on:
- Housing to check the general condition; identify leakages if there are any etc.
- Inner components of a gearbox such as gears, bearings and inner housing
- Lubricant to check for wear particles and foreign bodies
- Optionally, laboratory lubrication analysis can also be performed.
- A detailed inspection report including recommendations is provided; a detailed presentation of the report can be held on-site upon request
- Early identification of wear and faults which may lead to more serious damage
- Minimised risk of unplanned downtime
- Possibility to plan follow up maintenance activities
- Optimised planning of spare parts availability and stocks
- Gearbox evaluation from a third party; independent of the gearbox manufacturer
- Off-Highway Powertrain can service your full powertrain system: one service provider