During the production process in many rolling applications there are various factors, such as high torque peaks, which could influence the product quality and the components of the machinery. Off Highway Powertrain Services (OHP Services) offers torque and vibration analysis for transmission shafts and proposes counter measures to protect machinery and avoid scrap production.
A telemetry unit is used for torque measurement on rotating components. Various sensor signals can be provided via the telemetry unit to the machine control, e.g. IBA system or directly to a data acquisition system. The signals are analysed and interpreted by Off-Highway Powertrain experts on a regular basis.
- As a first step, Off-Highway Powertrain advices you on the right measurement strategy for your individual problem.
- OHP Services plans and installs the customised measurement technology on your machine.
- The torque measurements are analysed and the machine operator receives a regular report containing the recorded torque signals and statistics and damage indicators.
- Based on our findings, the powertrain can be redesigned to counter the individual problem.
- Reduced risk of unplanned shutdowns and subsequent damage to the powertrain
- Clear view on the combination of process parameters creating the peak torques and the solutions implemented to reduce them
- Increased reliability of powertrain components with a service-life improvement
- Potential to increase productivity and reduce overload risk at the same time