Hotspot analysis carried out by Off-Highway Powertrain Services (OHP Services) is a highly specialised vibration analysis technique that enables early detection of wear on a cardan shaft. Hot-spot Analysis is used in conjunction with traditional wear determination methods for ball bearings, gearboxes, etc. Hot-spot Analysis will determine the degree of wear on a running machine; hence it is no longer necessary to manually inspect the cardan shafts during the planned shutdowns.
The analysis identifies the necessary replacement of a cardan shaft to prior to failure. This allows you to optimise your planned maintenance activities, minimising downtime and disruption to operations. Furthermore, you are able to pre-plan additional activities such as provision of tools, transport of the spare shafts, attachment of lifting equipment, installation of scaffolding and fall arrest systems, etc. can be organised in advance of the maintenance work saving valuable operational time.
- Structured series of vibration measurements
- Measurement analysis by our service expert to identify critical areas requiring action
- You receive a report with recommendations for immediate action along with options for further optimisation
- Minimised risk of unplanned downtime
- Optimal spare part inventory & reduced costs
- Increased levels of plant availability
- Improved maintenance efficiency
- Planned employee availability
- Increased work safety through planned activities