- Keep vibrations in a paper factory better in check
- Case description:
A paper mill customer has 2 paper machines equipped with over 200 sensors connected to a third-party online condition monitoring system. However, detecting cardan shaft failures by the paper mill during their monthly analysis failed. Off-Highway Powertrain Services (OHP Services), experts in cardan shaft analysis and the early detection of failures were consulted.
OHP Services has invested in diagnostic software, to provide customers using their own established third-party systems, with the capability to monitor and analyse their machine data. By doing so, OHP Services enhances the customer’s capabilities in vibration data diagnosis, particularly for cardan shafts and bearings, available from their existing online condition monitoring systems.
Several cardan shaft failures have been avoided by transferring the monthly data from the customers own condition monitoring system to the OHP Services remote service department, from where notifications are immediately provided back to the customer allowing the early detection of defects. OHP Services supports almost all systems of leading manufacturers in the field of online condition monitoring.
- Technology snapshot:
OHP Services experts can analyse third-party online condition monitoring systems. On these systems our condition monitoring specialists perform regular vibration analysis and diagnosis from the remote monitoring centre and based on the findings, corrective maintenance such as alignment, repair, overhaul, inspection etc., are carried out.
- Find out the root cause why cardan shaft failures were not detected by third-party monthly analysis
- Obtain access to third-party system
- Utilise third-party analyst software licenses enabling diagnose vibration data from the customers’ existing online CM system
- Monthly analysis by cardan shaft and condition monitoring specialists
- No need to invest in a new online condition monitoring system
- Obtain the analysis the customer needs to support their maintenance activities