- Cooperation for roll alignment of a coating machine in the packaging industry
- Case Description:
A customer from the packaging industry had been experiencing quality problems which created creases in the finished product.
Therefore, they asked Off-Highway Powertrain Services (OHP Services) to solve the issues. Together with DB-Prüftechnik Powertrain Services discovered a misalignment of the rolls. This meant the rolls did not run parallel resulting in the quality problems. The Paralign roll alignment system by DB-Prüftechnik with three orthogonal arranged ring lasers was used to measure the position of the rolls.
Based on the documented data the perfect positioning of the rolls was defined and Powertrain Services; with its long experience adjusted the rolls to achieve optimised, efficient operation.
- Technology Snapshot:
Even components of the highest quality will not perform as designed if they are not installed and adjusted correctly. “Paralign” from Prüftechnik with the orthogonally arranged lasers enable fast roll alignment.
With the reporting function, corrections can be started immediately after measurement of the second roll. Special brackets and equipment is needed to accurately re-align the heavy rolls. Considerable expertise is key for a rapid result. The cooperation with PRÜFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH enables a perfect symbiosis with maximised benefits for the customer.
A detailed “before and after” alignment status report is included. Paralign is not purchasable but available as a service.
- Avoid quality problems caused by misalignment of machine parts
- Adjustment of the rolls
- Laser alignment checks from PRÜFTECHNIK on the rolls to locate the misalignment
- Discuss the results & determine the best position for the rolls to achieve maximum efficiency
- Align and adjust the rolls (Powertrain Services) & final measurement to check the alignment
- Adapt the whole powertrain to the changed position of the rolls
- Increased product quality due to prevention of creasing
- Improved efficiency of the production through optimised positioning of the rolls
- Cost savings due to less rejects
- Maximised benefits through the cooperation of OHP Services and PRÜFTECHNIK